"DONATT'S (WELSH ST.), a parish in the hundred of COWBRIDGE, county of GLAMORGAN, SOUTH WALES, 2 miles (E. N. E.) from Cowbridge, containing 304 inhabitants. This place was formerly annexed to the parish of Llanblethian, from which it has been separated, and is now a parish of itself. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanblethian, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Llandaf. The church possesses no claim to architectural notice. Miss Leysons, about the year 1774, bequeathed a rentcharge of 5 for distribution among the poor of this parish. Caercady, the property of John Thomas Jones, Esq. R. N., is a genteel mansion, built by the late Colonel Jenkins, one of the auditors of the public accounts, from whom it came by marriage to its present proprietor. The average annual expenditure for the snpport of the poor is 127." ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis 1833