Although Llanvaches is set in a quiet, rural area the need for more houses and the boom in housing development means that the village has a rising population.
The old village and parish church is dedicated to Saint Dubricius (Welsh Dyfryg) [1] with Bishops Transcripts dating back to 1725.
The Tabernacle URC chapel was built on the site of the first Nonconformist outpost in Wales - the Congregationalist chapel built in 1639. Two hundred years later the great linguist and traveller George Borrow passed this chapel while walking the old Chepstow Road on a journey he later wrote up in his "Wild Wales".