Today known as Penallt.
PENALTH, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Ragland, county Monmouth, 1½ mile S.E. of Monmouth, its post town, and 12 miles from Chepstow. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Wye. The living is endowed with the rectorial tithes. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Trelleck, in the diocese of Llandaff. The parochial charities produce about £12 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]