Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Cambridge Registration District:
Created 1st July 1837.
Sub-districts : St. Andrew the Great; St. Andrew the Less; St. Giles; St. Mary the Great.
GRO volumes : XIV (1837-51), 3b (1852-1930).
Cambridge.

Cambridge and County High School, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Today this is known as Hills Road Sixth Form College and was established in September 1974. From 1903 to 1974 it was previously the Cambridgeshire High School for Boys, and the buildings are still being used although they are much extended. The college has been greatly expanded in recent years, most noticeably by the Colin Greenhalgh building, which houses most arts subjects, followed by a new science building in 2004 and the Margaret Ingram Guidance Centre in 2005. The college site also contains the Hills Road Sports and Tennis Centre. Hills Road is one mile from Cambridge city centre and sits next to Homerton College and the Faculty of Education; it is opposite the Cambridge Leisure Park.